Alex is a Financial Analyst and Private Investor, Financial Services
Alex Cena is Experienced Sell-Side Equity Research Analyst Covering Investments Internationally For Institutional Investors
Alex Cena's Bio:
- RANKED as #1 Equity Research Analyst nationwide for multiple years and multiple sectors by Institutional Investor Magazine, Wall Street Journal, Reuters and Greenwich Associates.
- Conducted fundamental industry research with a heavy emphasis on detailed financial modeling and valuation work on companies in the U.S. and Europe as well as collaborated with equity teams in Asia, including Hong Kong, Japan and China
- Developed relationships with executive management teams and industry sources to help originate and evaluate investment ideas on an international level.
- Effectively communicated opinions, new information and market developments to the portfolio managers, institutional investors, other investment professionals and corporate executives in the C-Suite throughout the United States, Europe and Asia.
- Generated new business with technology startups and publicly traded companies worldwide.
- Mentored and acted as leader of a high performance research team supporting key clients accounts in global markets including Europe and Asia.
- Delivered world-class client service marked by high levels of responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through and enthusiasm
- Experienced working at the largest leading global financial institutions and investment banks on Wall Street.
Experienced sell-side equity research analyst covering technology stocks internationally at bulge bracket investment banking firms in New York City, including Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns and Salomon Smith Barney/Citi. Proven track record of new business development initiatives in global markets, strategic planning, corporate positioning, and revenue growth. Exceptionally skilled at leveraging global networks to cultivate executive-level relationships to generate transaction flow. Develop well-conceived sales and marketing strategies passionately managing senior level client relationships with institutional investors, portfolio managers, venture capitalists and private equity investors.
Alex Cena's Experience:
Equity Research and Financial Analyst at Cairn Ridge Holdings, LLCJuly 2003 - Present | Dallas TX
Private wealth manager who provided investors with equity research expertise, due diligence assistance and other financial advisory services such as corporate positioning and strategic introductions. Analyzed and advised on investment and start-up opportunities to assist money managers, private clients and hedge funds make better-informed portfolio management decisions.
Managing Director at Salomon Smith BarneyJune 1998 - July 2001
Managed relationships with major corporations including Nokia, Qualcomm, Lucent, Motorola, Ericsson, and Alcatel. Analyzed client financial statements and determined growth prospects. Presented recommendations to institutional investors. Conducted negotiations with Executives and Board Members of start-ups and large multi-national corporations. Developed new business opportunities. Mentored personnel. Host and guest speaker at investor conferences and industry trade shows. - Increased annualized commission revenues from $47M to $96M. - Captured new business with corporate clients and startups across the U.S. and Europe. - Improved ranking with internal employees to #2 from #8 of about 200 company-wide. - Ranked #1 in wireless equipment and Ranked #2 in wireline equipment nationwide
Managing Director at Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc.1996 - 1998
Managed relationships with major corporations including Nokia, Qualcomm, Lucent, Motorola, and Ericsson. Analyzed client financial statements and determined growth prospects. Presented recommendations to institutional investors. Negotiated with Senior Executives and Board Members. Developed new business opportunities. Mentored personnel. Participated in industry events. - Served as major player in capturing position in Lucent Technologies Initial Public Offering (IPO). -Ranked as top Telecommunications Equipment Analyst nationwide.
Vice President at Lehman BrothersOctober 1992 - 1996
Managed relationships with major corporations including Qualcomm, Cisco, Synoptics, Wellfleet, 3Com and Nortel. Analyzed client financial statements and determined growth prospects. Presented recommendations to institutional investors. Interacted with Executives and Board Members to conduct negotiations. Developed new business opportunities. Mentored personnel. Participated in industry events. -Ranked by the internal sales force as one of the top 10 analysts from a team of more than 150 analysts - Ranked #2 Telecommunications Equipment analyst nationwide
Vice President at RBC Dain RauscherMay 1991 - October 1992
Technology analyst covering companies throughout the United States
Vice President at William K. Woodruff & Company, Inc.June 1985 - May 1991
Technology and growth stock analyst covering companies throughout the United States
Alex Cena's Education:
Southern Methodist University2013 – 2015Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Loyola University of Chicago1983 – 1985BBAConcentration: Finance
University of Iowa1981 – 1983Concentration: Computer Engineering
Alex Cena's Interests & Activities:
Headshot and Portrait Photography, Mountain Biking, Swimming, Backpacking, SCUBA diving, Hunting.